Mainz vs Anderlecht
UEFA Europa League – Group C
Date: Thursday, 20th October, 2016
Kick-off: 20:05 UK.
Venue: Opel Arena, Mainz.
Mainz 05 and Anderlecht will lock horns on Thursday night at Mainz Arena, as the two teams battle for the top spot in group C. The two teams in Question are in 4 points after their first two opening games.
Mainz 05 drew their first game at home 1-1 against Saint-Etienne, they went on to defeat Qabala 2-3 on the road in their second game. They are second in the group F on goal difference basis, they have scored 4 goals and conceded 3. A win in this game will put them ahead of their visitors in the group table.
Anderlecht were able to hit Qabala 3-1 at home in their first game, but they drew 1-1 against Saint-Etienne in the second game. They are first in the group with +2 goal difference, having scored two goal and conceded 2. A win in this game will keep their lead in the group F table.
Mainz 05 vs Anderlecht: Head to Head Statistics
- Both teams have not played against each other in any UEFA competitions
- Mainz haven’t played any game against a Belgium team in the past.
- Anderlecht have come a long way against German teams, they have played 33 games against German teams.
- Anderlecht have won 12 games, drawn 4 and lost 17 games against German teams.
- On German soil, Anderlecht have won 4 games, drawn 1 and lost 10 in their previous 15 games on German soil.
- Anderlecht have scored 46 goals and conceded 60 goals against German teams.
Mainz vs Anderlecht: Prediction
There are no favourite in this game, as the two teams are arguably in equal strength. This is Mainz debut season in the UEFA Europa League season, they will be eager to make a good impression. They already have 4 points in the bag and are unbeaten. They are expected to remain unbeaten in the group stage of the game.
Anderlecht have always qualified from the group stage in their previous UEFA competitions. They are currently unbeaten in their 4 Europa League games this season, and are expected to maintain the form.
A draw is likely to occur in this game, but considering Anderlecht’s poor performance on German soil, Mainz have a slight edge over them.
Mainz vs Anderlecht: Tips
Mainz to win at 1.85 (6/7)
Over 2.5 goals at 1.80 (4/5).