Lyon vs Rangers
UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, 9 December 2021
Kick-off at 17:45 UK / 18:45 CET
Venue: Groupama Stadium.
There is nothing but pride at stake on Thursday afternoon when Lyon and Rangers take on each other in the sixth round of the UEFA Europa League group stage. However, Lyon have been impeccable so far in the campaign with five wins in five games and we will back them to finish it off with a perfect record.
Lyon vs Rangers Head-to-head
- The two teams have two wins apiece going into their fifth head to head meeting in recent history.
- Interestingly, none of the previous four H2H affairs saw goals scored at both ends.
- Lyon celebrated a 0-2 victory in Glasgow in the first round of the group phase back in mid-September.
Lyon vs Rangers Predictions & Analysis
The last round clash between Lyon and Rangers will have no importance whatsoever to the final standings in Group A.
Lyon have been brilliant throughout the entire UEFA Europa League campaign, winning all five matches so far.
They are as many as eight points clear at the top of the group standings ahead of the last round’s match against Rangers.
The Gers, on the other side, secured the second position in the group after a 2-0 victory over Sparta Prague on the home patch in the previous round.
They are now three points above the Czechs and have a better head to head record against them, meaning they will play in the preliminary knockout phase of the same competition.
We can thus expect both managers to mix up their starting lineups heavily for this tie, especially since both outfits have tough domestic league matches scheduled for Sunday (Lille and Hearts respectively).
Anything could happen in such circumstances, but we generally see a decent value in backing the home win at the 1.90 odds knowing that Lyon have won all five outings so far in the competition.
Key Stats for Betting
- Lyon scored 15 and conceded only 4 goals in 5 wins so far in the competition.
- None of the last four head to head encounters between these two sides saw goals scored at both ends.
- Rangers scored just one goal in two away fixtures so far in Group A.
- Rangers failed to score in the home match against Lyon in September (0-2).
Tips for Lyon vs Rangers
Lyon to win @ 1.90 (9/10)
Lyon to keep a clean sheet @ 3.40 (12/5).