Lyon vs Monaco
France – Ligue 1
Date: Sunday, 16th December 2018
Kick-off at 12.00 UK/ 13.00 CET
Venue: Parc Olympique Lyonnais (Lyon).
Monaco’s woes seem to have no end. After all, they have been through, this weekend they have to travel to Lyon. Thierry Henry is finding his life as a coach not so spectacular as his playing days.
Lyon occupies the fourth spot in the table, after securing 28 points from their 16 matches so far. Their record reads eight wins, four draws, and four losses.
Monaco is the 19th team in a league of 20. They have managed to register just 13 points on the board from their league campaign so far. They won just three matches, drew four and lost the remaining nine.
Lyon lost their last match, at home, against Rennes. The final scoreline was 0-2 in favor of the visitors. Both the goals came just before halftime. Lyon did try to claw their way back into the game but was unable to do so.
Monaco lost their last game, which was a Champions League fixture, against Dortmund, at home. The match ended 0-2, in favor of the German club. Guerreiro scored a brace for the guests.
Lyon vs Monaco Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last seven h2h matches and 11 of the last 12 had both teams on the scoresheet.
- Ten of the last 12 h2h games had over 2.5 match goals.
- Lyon has lost just two of their last 17 games.
- Monaco has won only two of their last 21 fixtures.
- Lyon has lost just two of their last 19 attempts at home.
- Monaco has only three wins to their name in the last 15 away matches.
- Lyon has recorded nine of the last 12 wins in h2h matches at this stadium.
- The last seven h2h matches, in a row, at this stadium, had both teams on the scoresheet and over 2.5 match goals.
Lyon vs Monaco Prediction
The home team looks the absolute favorites to win this tie. They currently occupy the fourth spot in the table, which will open the doors to next year’s Europa League for them, and just a point away from the Champions League spot.
They are facing Monaco, currently and surprisingly one of the weakest teams in the league, and a frontrunner for relegation next season. Lyon has the home advantage against this struggling team and will want to take full advantage of it make their push for Champions League qualification.
Lyon has lost just two of their last 17 matches, and just two of their last 19 home-ties. Monaco, on the other hand, has won just two times in their last 21 overall attempts, and only thrice in their last 15 outings on the road.
Lyon has recorded nine of the last 12 h2h wins at this stadium.
Lyon vs Monaco Betting Tips
Lyon to win @ 1.40 (2/5)
Half Time/ Full Time: Lyon/ Lyon @ 2.20 (6/5).