FC Luzern vs FC Zurich
Switzerland- Super League
Date: Friday, 31 July 2020
Kick-Off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Fabio Celestini’s squad is coming into this game after losing to reigning champions away from home. This was their fourth consecutive defeat in the league both home and away.
From the 34 rounds they have lost 16 games which are why they are just below the Europa League spot. It is out of their hands even if they win the remaining matches.
The visitors are also on a losing streak right now just like their upcoming opposition. Both are on equal points, but a slight goal difference means Zurich is 6th in the table.
They have the weakest backline in this year’s Super League. From the games so far, they have given away 67 goals which is more than Xamax’s record.
Luzern vs FC Zurich: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Luzern has two wins and a loss in five previous meetings with this opposition.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five matches.
- The home side won two of their recent five clashes with Zurich at this ground.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in their five previous meetings here.
- Both sides found the back of the net in three games during that spell as well.
- The Luminaries are on a four match losing streak in the league.
- The visitors have also lost five back to back league matches.
Luzern vs FC Zurich: Prediction
The last time these two came face to face was in January 2020. Luzern was able to score three goals in the first half and held on to win the match 2-3.
Like this most of their recent head to head games were high scoring affairs. Especially at this ground, four recent meetings between them had a similar score line.
Both of them are suffering from poor defensive performance this season. The home side has given away nine goals in five recent home fixtures.
The visitors are known for their leaky backline. So I am backing a high scoring match with both teams netting goals.
Luzern vs FC Zurich: Betting Tips
Both teams to score @ 1.53 (6/11).
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.65 (7/11).