Luton vs Stoke City
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 29 February 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Kenilworth Road (Luton)
With 19 losses in their 35 league games, Stoke City is 20th in the points table. They are coming into this match after an away draw to Blackburn last weekend. From their 5 previous league games, the Potters have 2 wins and losses each.
Luton Town is possibly heading back to League One next season. They are at the bottom of the table with 33 points. Some recent results have helped them to get some valuable points. But still, since the reverse fixture that saw an emphatic victory for Stoke is a warning for the hosts.
Luton vs Stoke City: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Stoke are unbeaten against Luton since 2000-2001 season.
- Three of their last 5 head to head clashes were draws.
- Stoke won the last h2h match at home with a final score of 3-0.
- Both teams scored in 10 of their 12 previous meetings in all competitions.
- Luton is winless against this opposition at home in the last 4 matches (L2, D2).
- In all 6 games between them at this ground, both sides found the net at full time.
Luton vs Stoke City: Prediction
Luton has won their last 2 home games against Brentford and Sheffield Wednesday. This makes three wins in their last 5 home matches in the league. Stoke are 3 matches without a win away from home with 2 defeats included. In their 9 recent away fixtures, they lost 6 and have only 2 wins. So with that in mind, I am backing this game to be a draw or the host to get a narrow win.
In terms of scoring both sides have done pretty well this season. The hosts have netted 42 times and the visitors 43 times. They both have given away more than what they scored all season. The majority of the head to head matches at this ground saw both teams scoring. So I am backing both sets of players to get in the score sheet on Saturday.
Luton vs Stoke City: Betting Tips
- DC: Luton to win or Draw @ 1.70 (7/10).
- Both teams to score @ 1.80 (4/5).