Luton Town vs Stoke City
Date: Saturday, 17 October 2020
Kick-Off at 15.00 UK
Venue: Kenilworth Road, Luton.
Luton Town have opened the new campaign in much stronger fashion than anyone expected.
After barely avoiding relegation last season, team from Kenilworth Road is now sitting in high 5th place with nine points from four games.
We were quite impressed with their performance at home against Derby County (2-1 FT). Can they maintain this rhythm though?
This weekend’s clash against Stoke City might offer some answers.
The Potters are very strong defensively, having lost only one match so far. And the away team is favourite for the win priced at 2.40 odds, indicating a potential tight clash.
Luton Town vs Stoke City Head-to-head
- These two teams have a long history when it comes to head to head matches. The first one was played in 1974, while total number of matches is 27.
- Stats are going in favour of Stoke City who have won 13 encounters, while losing seven.
- Interestingly, their win rate at this stadium is at 50% from 14 duels.
- Luton celebrated only three victories at home against this opponent.
- The most recent meeting was in February this year at the same venue. Full time result was 1-1.
- Twelve out of the last thirteen h2h’s ended either BTTS or Over 2.5, but keep in mind that majority of those games were played twenty years ago.
Luton Town vs Stoke City Prediction
We believe it is just a matter of time when Luton Town’s form is going to decline. They barely posed any threat to Manchester United in League Cup duel (0-3 FT), while victory against Wycombe at home is not serving as good example, considering those opponents are the weakest team in league. Luton conceded 82 goals in the previous campaign.
As for their opponents, Stoke City have met some really tough opponents. Draw against Millwall in London is surely regarded as good result. Also, not many teams have defeated Preston at Deepdale in the last 12 months.
The Potters have done it thanks to the goal of Lee Gregory in the first half. We believe that backing away win at 2.40 odds is solid value bet.
Also, the last 11 matches Stoke played in all competitions ended Under 2.5 FT, so that might be a banker alternative.
Luton Town vs Stoke City Betting Tips
Away win @ 2.40
Under 2.5 goals @ 1.67.