Luton vs Reading
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 4 July 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Kenilworth Road.
With 6 more games to play Luton is at the bottom of the table. They need wins to keep their chances alive as teams like Hull and Stoke who are just above the relegation zone are losing matches consistently. Currently, Luton Town has a 6 game unbeaten run going on.
The visitors are on a winless run which includes two consecutive defeats. But both these defeats came against teams above them in the points table. At the same time, they managed to draw or win the games against inferior opposition.
Luton vs Reading: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Reading is on a two-match winning streak against this opposition.
- They have four wins and a defeat in five previous meetings with Luton.
- The latest 4 head to head matches had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- The hosts have not lost any of their 4 clashes with this opponent at home.
- Both sides found the net in 5 head to head matches at this ground.
- Three of those five matches also had more than 2.5 goals in total.
Luton vs Reading: Prediction
No squad other than Luton has lost more than 20 games this season. This pretty much summarizes their performances so far. But in their last 10 league fixtures, they only lost twice and they have shown real promise in the latest six games in which they are unbeaten. This spell includes the draw against toppers Leeds and the win over Brentford. At the same time Reading has lost their two league matches on the trot.
The home side has scored past the best defense in the league in their last league action. The away goal against Leeds has shown how much they want to stay in the Championship for yet another season. In recent weeks they have scored past many other top teams, so we can expect them to create and convert chances on Saturday. So I am backing a Double Chance for a draw or the hosts winning with both teams scoring.
Luton vs Reading: Betting Tips
- Double Chance: Draw or Luton to win @ 1.45 (5/11).
- Both teams to score @ 1.70 (7/10).