Luton vs QPR
Date: Tuesday, 14 July 2020
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Kenilworth Road.
Luton Town is trying hard to secure their place in the next season of the Championship. The win against Huddersfield has fuelled their confidence sky high for sure. But they need to continue getting those points to stay safe.
This is a golden chance for the visitors to come back to winning ways. From their five previous league games they have lost four and the only win came against the Boro.
Currently they are on a two match losing streak in which the latest came against Sheffield Wednesday. During this period of defeats they have also reached the 70 mark in the number of goals conceded.
Luton vs QPR: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Rangers are on a two match winning streak against this opposition.
- They have three wins and a defeat in five previous meetings with Luton.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in four of those five matches in all competitions.
- Both sides found the back of the net in all those four games as well.
- The hosts won twice and lost once in their five previous head to head matches here.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals came in four of those games at this ground.
Luton vs QPR: Prediction
Both these teams are known for their flawed defence. The hosts carry the shame of being the worst defence in the league. But in terms of attacking they have enough firepower to get goals against QPR.
The visiting side has recently become only the third team to concede 70 or more goals credit to their four defeats recently. So I am sure about goals from both these teams in this tie.
The reverse fixture had a full time score of 3-2 in favour of QPR. This was the fifth meeting between them where both of them scored and the score had more than 2.5 goals.
Luton has scored 2 or more goals in both recent meetings with this opponent. The way they played against Huddersfield also shows that they could repeat it yet again.
Also, the majority of the league games that both of them played this season had more than 2.5 goals in total. Thus we can expect a high scoring match with both teams getting goals.
Luton vs QPR: Betting Tips
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.80 (4/5).
Both teams to score @ 1.67 (2/3).