Luton Town vs Preston North End
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 14 March 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Kenilworth Road (Luton)
Preston is looking to get back to winning ways and they have the perfect opportunity this Saturday. They will travel to Luton who is in the relegation zone.
Luton managed to conjure some points in recent league matches. Currently, they have a 2 match drawing streak going on. With just a few games to go for the newly promoted League One outfit has a job at hand to prevent relegation.
Luton vs Preston: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Preston has 3 wins and 2 defeats in 5 recent head to head matches.
- In 4 of those games, the score had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- The Lilywhites won the reverse fixture with the final score of 2-1.
- Luton is on a 2 match win streak against this opposition at this ground.
- Preston has won once in 4 meetings at this ground, back in 1999.
- Less than 2.5 goals were recorded in 3 of the 4 matches played here.
Luton vs Preston: Prediction
I do see a chance for the hosts to continue their winning run. They have shown real spirit over the last few weeks. One of the major highlights in recent times was the win over Brentford on matchday 35. At present they are on a 2 match drawing streak as well.
Preston, on the other hand, has lost 4 of their 5 league games lately. The only win came against struggling Hull City. Away from home, they have lost 8 of their 18 games also. So I am backing for a draw or the hosts winning this upcoming game.
In 21 matches Preston played this season, the final score had less than 2.5 goals. A similar trend is visible in their last 3 matches on the road. We can see the same scoreline in 3 home games of the Hatters as well. So I would place my money on a low scoring match with less than 2.5 goals.
Luton vs Preston: Betting Tips
- Double Chance: Draw or Luton to win @ 1.63 (5/8).
- Under 2.5 goals @ 1.90 (9/10).