Luton vs Barnsley
England – Championship
Date: Tuesday, 7 July 2020
Kick-Off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Kenilworth Road (Luton)
This matchup will not have any impact at the top of the table. But it will definitely decide whether these two will be in the Championship next year. The hosts have some positive results in recent weeks but still, they are at the bottom of the table. Home form is also not on their side after losing more games than they won here.
Barnsley has shown signs of a comeback defeating some of the much better-placed teams. The recent victories against Millwall and QPR have given them the foundation to push for the last safe spot which is currently held by the Tigers.
Luton vs Barnsley: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Both sides gave two wins each in their last 5 meetings.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five games.
- Both sides also found the back of the net in all three of those matches.
- Luton won the reverse fixture with a final score of 1-3.
- Barnsley stays unbeaten in five of their latest visits to this ground (W 4, D 1).
- They have kept a clean sheet in three of those five games as well.
Luton vs Barnsley: Prediction
The visitors have not lost at this ground in over two decades. The last match at this ground ended as a goalless draw. They have won three of their recent games on the road as well. So against Luton who is the only side below them, they will have chances. But the recent home defeat of Luton to Reading came after a 4 match unbeaten streak. So it is safe to say both teams have equal chances of winning this upcoming tie.
This is also a match between two of the weakest defenses this season. Luton has conceded 78 goals in the games so far which is the most by any team. Barnsley has also given away 66 goals during this season. Both sides have found scoring form in recent weeks also. So I am backing a Double Chance for a draw or Barnsley winning with goals from both teams.
Luton vs Barnsley: Betting Tips
- Double Chance: Draw or Barnsley to win @ 1.44 (4/9).
- Both teams to score @ 1.70 (7/10).