FC Lugano vs Servette FC
Switzerland- Super League
Date: Friday, 31 July 2020
Kick-Off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: Stadio di Cornaredo.
The home side is currently on an unbeaten run in the last six league games on the trot. Most of those games ended as draws but the win against Zurich has given them a confidence boost. They have also an unbeaten streak active at home with nearly half of their home fixtures being draws.
Servette is one of the most successful clubs in the country and they have done well this season. After a long time in the second tier they have returned to the topflight and are currently fourth in the table. With just two matches to go they have guaranteed a chance to play Europa League next season.
FC Lugano vs Servette: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Lugano is unbeaten in four previous meetings with this opposition.
- All four of those games had fewer than 2.5 goals in total.
- The visitors previously won this fixture back in February 2015.
- The hosts have won all four recent head to head matches here on the trot.
- They have kept a clean sheet in all four of those games as well.
- The Maroons have no wins at this ground back in September 2013.
- They are winless in seven matches on the road currently.
FC Lugano vs Servette: Prediction
Even though the away team is in the top four, they are going through tough times right now. The recent win over Xamax, who are at the bottom of the table, was more or less expected. From ten previously league games the Maroons have only two wins while half of those matches were draws.
Also they have lost all three previous away games. So I think we can see the home team will pick up three points in this upcoming tie.
Both these teams are defensively not up to the mark. The hosts have given away 45 goals from the 34 matches and scored three less than that. They have scored past most of their recent opposition with the four goals against Basel being the recent example.
The away team have scored in the majority of their matches on the road even though the final results did not go their way. So I am backing the hosts to win with both teams scoring goals.
FC Lugano vs Servette: Betting Tips
Both teams to score @ 1.57 (4/7).
The home team to win @ 1.80 (4/5).