Los Angeles FC vs San Jose Earthquakes
USA – MLS
Date: Saturday, 16 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:30 UK/ 21:30 CET
Venue: Banc of California Stadium.
San Jose have been in better form in recent days, and they also have dominated h2h meetings lately. However, their defense has not been in great form this season, whole Los Angeles have consistently scored at home in 2021. As such, expect a win for San Jose, but not a clean sheet though.
Los Angeles FC vs San Jose Earthquakes Head-to-head
- Four of the former five clashes had goals from both teams.
- Seven of the past eight meetings had three or more goals.
- San Jose are on a four-fixture winning streak.
- Not once have the hosts failed to score at this stadium.
Los Angeles FC vs San Jose Earthquakes Prediction & Analysis
Los Angeles were winless in 12 of their previous 15 overall fixtures, and in the process they had gone on separate three-game, and four-fixture losing streaks.
On the other hand, San Jose were unbeaten in 14 of their former 18 games, and they had remained invincible in nine of their last ten road trips.
Considering recent form of either squad, expect the Earthquakes to have the upper hand this weekend at the Banc of California Stadium.
However, both teams have conceded in plenty during this period, and the h2h clashes over the past few years also show this same trend.
As such, anticipate a high-scoring affair between the two this Saturday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The worst defensive record in the Western Conference is 47 goals conceded by Dallas, while these two teams have let in 44 and 41 goals apiece.
- Los Angeles have been on a winless run since mid-September, and barring a draw, this has been a perfect losing streak.
- Not once have they failed to score at home since September of 2020.
- Meanwhile, the Earthquakes have lost just four times in total in the past four-month period, and only one of these defeats had come on the road.
Tips for Los Angeles FC vs San Jose Earthquakes
Double Chance: SJ Earthquakes @ 2.50 (3/2)
Over 2.5 Match Goals & Both Teams to Score @ 2.00 (1/1).