Liverpool vs Tottenham
England – League Cup
Date: Tuesday, 25th October 2016,
Kick-Off: 19:45 UK
Venue: Anfield Stadium, Liverpool.
The English League Cup will be graced with a superb performance from two inform teams Liverpool and Tottenham. Liverpool will welcome Tottenham Hotspur to Anfield on Tuesday night as they both aim to continue their good form.
Liverpool have been superb lately, they are currently tagged at same point (20) as Arsenal and Manchester City. The Reds are on a run of nine games unbeaten in all competitions with seven wins and two draws.
Liverpool will enter this game from a 2-1 win over West Bromwich Albion on Saturday evening. They will be hoping to build on that performance to win this fixture and maintain their unbeaten record.
On the other hand, Tottenham will enter this game from a 0-0 goalless draw away at Bournemouth on Saturday. Spurs have been good so far this season, they have been defeated once in all competitions this season.
Spurs are currently on an eight-game unbeaten run, they have won five and drawn three games. Their good defense have contributed a lot to their recent form, as they have conceded only twice in their last eight games. They will be aiming to win this one and go through to the next stage of the competition.
Liverpool vs Tottenham: Head to Head Statistics
- Liverpool and Tottenham have come a long way, they have played 150 games against each other.
- The Reds have won 69 games against Tottenham, drawn 39 and lost 42 games to Tottenham.
- At Anfield, Liverpool are superb against Tottenham, they have won 46 games, drawn 22 and lost only 6 against Spurs.
- The Reds have a good goal tally over Tottenham, they have scored 239 goals and conceded 171 goals.
- The last 3 meetings between the two teams have ended in draw.
- It might interest you to know that Liverpool have not lost against Tottenham since 2013, they have won 5 games and drawn 3.
Liverpool vs Tottenham: Prediction
Games between this two teams have always been tough, they played out 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane in August. Also, both teams have so far produced some strong displays against their fellow Premier League big guns.
Considering their form in recent games, the game will likely end in draw. Spurs have been good defensively and may approach the game defensively which will lead to less goals. Also Spurs are likely to snatch an away win and end their win-drought against Liverpool since 2013.
Liverpool vs Tottenham: Betting Tips
Double Chance – Spurs to Win or Draw at 2.40 (7/5)
Under 2.5 goals at 2.23 (11/9).