Liverpool vs Brentford
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 16 January 2022
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Liverpool are placed third in the table, and they are almost sure that they would secure a podium spot at the end of the season. However, Jurgen Klopp’s men will not be satisfied with that. They would want to go for the title.
However, toppers Manchester City have quite a lead, and are in spectacular form. The second-placed Chelsea though, is another story entirely.
The Blues are going through a poor stretch of performances at the moment, and they are next pitted against Pep Guardiola’s men. By the looks of things, Chelsea should be dropping points this match-day.
And this is an opportunity that the Reds cannot let go. It helps that they are pitted against the recently-promoted Brentford, who have been one of the weakest teams in the competition lately.
Liverpool are rightfully deemed favorites to post the three points on the board.
Liverpool vs Brentford Head-to-head (h2h)
- The reverse fixture had ended in a 3-3 draw.
- They are also on an eight-game unbeaten run, and six of these were wins.
- In fact, the last they lost against this rival was back in 1938.
- The Reds had scored three or more goals in the past four meetings on the trot.
Liverpool vs Brentford Prediction & Analysis
Liverpool registered a 2-2 draw on the road the last match-day in the league, against European champions Chelsea. They followed it up with a 4-1 win against Shrewsbury.
Going on, they were unbeaten in 44 of their last 47 overall games, and they had gone on an eight-fixture winning streak in the process.
On the other hand, Brentford lost 4-1 on the road the past game week, against Southampton. They were also winless in 11 of their past 16 overall matches, and they have a total of just two league wins on the road this season – the latest of which had come three months back.
Taking into account these observations, as well as past h2h stats, expect a win for Liverpool this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Reds are placed third in the table, and they have scored the most number of goals in the competition – barring Manchester City.
- They have lost just twice all through the campaign, and one of these losses had come against Leicester.
- Meanwhile, Brentford had lost four of the preceding six fixtures, and the last they recorded a league win on the road was three months back.
Tips for Liverpool vs Brentford
Liverpool –1.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.00 (1/1)
Liverpool to Win & Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.90 (9/10).