Levante vs Athletic Bilbao:
Spanish La Liga, Match Week 35,
Date: Sunday 24-04-2016
Kick-off: 11:00 GMT.
Spanish League relegation candidates Levante host Athletic Bilbao in the match day 35 of the 2015/16 season.
Levante are at the rock bottom in the La Liga table with 28 points. They still have a chance to extend their stay in Spanish top flight beyond this season, but they must win in three of their remaining four fixtures to do so.
Bilbao are fifth in the table with 54 points, well inside the Europa league spot and need to finish the season well to confirm their qualification. Celta Vigo at 6th and final European spot are level on points with them, but the 7th placed Sevilla are at a 5 points gap, which leaves Athletico Bilbao with no choice, but to aim all points on Sunday evening.
- Levante had lost 3 of their last 5 games, with 1 win and a draw.
- Levante’s 5-1 away defeat to Granada is their heaviest loss in this season.
- Levante are unbeaten in their last three La Liga matches, with 2 wins and a draw. They have also managed 3 wins from their last 5 and managed 3 clean sheets during the period.
- Athletic Bilbao are in moderate form and they are undefeated in 3 of their last 4 matches.
- Bilbao won 6 of their last 9 matches, while lost 2 and drawn 1.
- Bilbao’s away form in last 4 matches is 3 wins and a loss. They have scored at least a goal in each of the last 6 matches on the road.
Levante: Team News
Juanfran returns from suspension and is expected to start on Saturday, while Simao is suspended.
Ivan Lopez and Tono are the players sidelined through injury for Levante.
Levante: Predicted Line-up (4-4-2)
Juanfran, Medjani, Navarro, Lopez,
Morales, Lerma, Verza, Verdu,
Athletic Bilbao: Team News
Aduriz, Aymeric Laporte and Sabin Merino will miss the trip to Valencia through injuries.
Borja Viguera is expected to continue at the attacking front in the absense of Aduriz. While Susaeta, Muniain and Raúl García will the trio supporting him.
Athletic Bilbao: Predicted Line-up (4-2-3-1)
Balenziaga, Boveda, Etxeita, Marcos,
Benat, San Jose,
Susaeta, Raul Garcia, Muniain,
Levante vs Athletic Bilbao: Head-to-Head Stats
- Athletic Bilbao are on a five match winning run against Levante in Spanish La Liga clashes.
- Levante had failed to score in the last three matches against Bilbao.
- Athletic club has scored atleast 2 goals in each of the last 5 matches against Levante.
- Levante lost the last two home matches against Bilbao, but won the previous two at their home.
Levante vs Athletic Bilbao: Prediction
Both teams are in search for a win here for different reasons. A defeat here for Levante could put more pressure on them and make it difficult for them to save themselves from relegation. For Bilbao, a win is essential to keep hold on to their European spot as Sevilla is closing in.
On current form and recent head-to-head results, the match guarantees to produce a winner and a draw is very unlikely. Bilbao are sure favourites to edge this one and they may score 2 or more goals.
Best Bet: Bilbao over 1.5 goals