Leicester City vs Wolves
English Premier League
Date: Saturday, 18 August 2018
Kick-off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: King Power Stadium (Leicester).
Leicester City welcome the newly promoted Wolverhampton Wanderers on matchday 2 of the 2018/19 English Premier League season.
The Foxes kick-off the new season last Friday with a 1-2 defeat to Manchester United.
Claude Puel will consider himself unlucky not to have taken something from Old Trafford after watching his team dominate the possession and create better chances of the match.
At the same time, Wolves announced their return to Premier League after a six year absence with a thrilling draw against Everton.
Nuno Espírito Santo saw his team going behind twice and their fighting spirit and character that helped the team claw back on both occasions.
However, they did have a man advantage after Phil Jagielka was sent off just before half time when they were trailing 0-1.
Leicester City vs Wolves Head-to-head
- The teams share 4 wins each and 7 draws from their last 18 meetings in all competitions.
- Most of their h2h meetings had been closely contested affairs. Only of the last 12 had a clear winner with the remaining 11 split across stalemates and wins by narrow 1-goal margin.
- Five of their last 6 meetings saw both teams scoring.
- At home, Leicester won 3, drew 3 and lost 1 of 6 h2h fixtures.
- Sunday’s Premier League fixture give the teams a chance to meet for the first time in 5 years and 7 months.
Leicester City vs Wolves Prediction
Judging by their performances on opening match week, we must expected a tightly contested battle at the King Power Stadium this midweek.
Both teams like to play attacking football which automatically opens up a few holes at the back. So, I consider btts as the top pick for this Premier League fixture.
At the same time, a better conversion rate on goal could see the full-time result going in favor of the hosts, which makes a strong case for backing the ft correct score 2-1 for the Claude Puel’s men.
Leicester City vs Wolves Betting Tips
Both teams to Score priced at 9/10 (1.90).
FT – Leicester to win @ 11/10 (2.10)
Correct Full-Time Score: 2-1 for Leicester @ 17/2 (9.50).