Leicester City vs Manchester United
English Premier League
Date: Sunday, 3 February 2019
Kick-off at 14:05 UK/ 15:05 CET
Venue: King Power Stadium (Leicester).
Super Sunday kick off with Leicester City welcoming a resurgent Manchester United to the King Power Stadium.
Solskjaer’s men were held to a 2-2 draw at their own turf by relegation bound Burnley this midweek. That was a game most of us would have banked on the Red Devils to win easy, however the Clarets were on a brilliant run of form on their own.
At the end of the day, it is a fair result and most importantly, the Norwegian manager stretched his team’s unbeaten run to 9 games. United had previous won 8 on the trot before late goals earned them a point at the Old Trafford last Tuesday.
At the same time, Leicester managed to put an end to their 3-match losing streak this Wednesday at the expense of league leaders Liverpool. It wasn’t pretty and must consider themselves lucky to have escaped with the stalemate, but this is a point Claude Puel will take on any given day.
On a whole, the Foxes have been inconsistent this season. But we cannot forget that this is the same side that bagged back-to-back wins against Chelsea and Manchester City back in December.
Leicester City vs Manchester United Head-to-head
- Man United are on a 9 match unbeaten run against Leicester; 6 wins and 3 draws.
- Earlier this season, a struggling Red Devils under Jose Mourinho edged the Foxes 2-1 at the Old Trafford.
- Their last meeting at the King Power Stadium was a thrilling 2-2 draw.
- Leicester are win-less in their last four home games against United as well as managed just 1 win from the 10 h2h duels here (drew 2 and lost 7).
- Manchester United scored at least 2 goals in 8 of their last 10 visits to the King Power Stadium.
- It will be also worth to note that both teams scored in 8 of their last 10 h2h matches across all venues and competitions as well as 5 of the last 6 at this venue.
Leicester City vs Manchester United Prediction
As mentioned at the start, Manchester United have evolved under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and they have become a team capable of producing spirited performances week after week. The team averages 2.6 goals scored per game, which is a perfect indication of their quick turnaround.
Leicester could be spoilers for heavy weights in the league as we have seen in their wins against Chelsea and City at the Christmas eve. However, I do not think that they do not have the quality to produce such displays on a consistent basis. The draw against Liverpool can give them some confidence, but this spirited United team out of the title race will be a difference proportion all together.
Thus, my best bet for this Premier League fixture between Leicester and Manchester United is an away win. Meantime, a pretty decent alternate is both teams to score priced at 1.70 odd, since we know a high percentage of their h2h games across venues producing the same.
Leicester City vs Manchester United Betting Tips
FT Result – Manchester United to win @ 1/1 (2.00)
Both teams to Score in the match @ 7/10 (1.70).