Leeds United vs Southampton
England – Premier League
Date: Tuesday, 23 February 2021
Kick-off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Elland Road (Leeds).
Leeds United is comfortable in the mid-table position at 12th place this term. The promoted team has picked up 32 points from 10 wins and 2 draws in their 24 appearances until now. The host has lost their recent two PL fixtures, including the 1-0 loss on the road against Wolverhampton last time out.
Southampton is close to the home team on the table at the 13th position. They are two points behind the home team with 8 wins and 6 draws in their 24 attempts so far this season. The away team has been winless for the past seven clashes, following a 1-1 draw at home with Chelsea in the previous encounter.
Leeds United vs Southampton Head-to-head (h2h)
- The visitor has recorded three of the last five overall wins.
- Their previous encounter gave a 3-0 home win for Leeds in FA Cup.
- The teams will meet again in PL after a long gap of 16 years.
- Only one of the recent seven matches has seen both teams scoring.
- None of their last ten fixtures in any major contests have ended in a draw.
- The last time they met in PL, the Saints had a 2-1 home win in 2004.
- The host has been unbeaten for the past six PL clashes at home.
Leeds United vs Southampton Prediction
Leeds United has scored 40 goals in their 24 attempts so far this season. This shows that the home team is capable of seeing the back of the net in ninety minutes.
The host enjoys the ground advantage and has won in three of their recent five league home matches in their schedule. Even so, the promoted team has conceded more than they scored as they registered 43 goals in return during the same period.
Southampton is at a comfortable spot on the table and will not take too much risk. Their winless streak in the campaign suggests their poor form on the road. Besides, the visitor has been winless in their last five outings in the campaign this term.
Hence, the draw no bet over Leeds United will probably be the best bet for the punters. Along with that, the tip for over 2.5 goals and BTTS will also come in handy.
Leeds United vs Southampton Betting tips
Over 2.5 goals & BTTS @ 1.80 (4/5).
Draw no bet: Leeds United @ 1.50 (1/2).