Leeds vs Fulham
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 27 June 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Elland Road (Leeds)
Leeds United has a comfortable lead of seven points in second place. Even though they have almost ensured promotion to the upper tier they will still want to lift the Championship trophy. The recent 2-0 defeat to Cardiff has ended a stunning 5 game winning streak for the Whites. But with the least number of goals conceded they will be hard to break down especially at home.
Fulham has to win this one for sure if they wish to get closer to automatic promotion. They are also fresh from a defeat in their latest league action. The 0-2 home defeat to Brentford is their 10th loss this season. They have more draws than any other team in the top four positions.
Leeds vs Fulham: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Fulham has a two-match winning streak active against this opposition.
- They are unbeaten in the 7 previous head to head matches against Leeds (W2, D 5).
- The common score was 1-1 in 4 of those seven games across all venues.
- Including those, the score in 6 of those seven games was less than 2.5 goals.
- Leeds previously won this fixture back in March 2015.
- The three latest meetings at this venue ended as a draw.
- Both sides have a win each in five head to head games at this ground.
Leeds vs Fulham: Prediction
There will be very few goals in this match because both teams are likely to play defensive tactics. The home side has not won against this opposition in over 5 years. Even at home, they will be having a hard time getting all three points against Fulham. Since their last 3 matches and the majority of the head to head meetings ended as a draw we can expect something similar on Saturday as well.
It is hard to score against Leeds United especially at their home soil. They have three consecutive clean sheets at home against teams like Reading and Bristol City. But Fulham has scored consecutively in four of their recent matches on the road. So I am backing this match to end as a draw with both teams scoring.
Leeds vs Fulham: Betting Tips
- Match to draw @ 3.90 (29/10).
- Both teams to score @ 1.85 (6/7).
Looking for More Games? Let’s Jump to our main Football Tips Page.