Lazio vs Salernitana
Italy – Serie A
Date: Sunday, 7 November 2021
Kick-off at 17:00 UK / 18:00 CET
Venue: Stadio Olimpico.
Lazio have shown much better displays at home than on travels this season. They have an in-form predator in the like of Ciro Immobile who bagged a goal in each of the back-to-back away draws at Atalanta and Marseille in the last seven days. Backing Lazio to win & Immobile to score anytime has to be the way to go here.
Lazio vs Salernitana Head-to-head
- It has been more than two decades since these two teams last locked horns.
- They’ve exchanged home wins in the 1998/99 Serie A season.
- Salernitana won 1-0, while Lazio got revenge through a 6-1 victory in the return clash in Rome.
- This will only be the third head to head encounter between these two outfits.
Lazio vs Salernitana Predictions & Analysis
Lazio played two very similar matches within the last seven days. Both ended in 2-2 draws and both had identical set of happenings.
These matches came against the likes of Atalanta (Serie A) and Marseille (UEFA Europa League).
Lazio were the first to concede, then managed a comeback, but only to concede a late second-half equalizer (especially late in the league clash against Atalanta) in both affairs.
What’s also common for both matches is Lazio’s weak defensive display. I Biancocelesti allowed at least 17 shots against both Atalanta and Marseille.
Maurizio Sarri’s men will finally get an easier opposition on Sunday afternoon when they play host to Salernitana in the 12th round of the Serie A.
The visitors lost three of the last four league games. They sit second from bottom in the table and generally have very little to hope for here against the likes of Lazio.
Lazio have a fantastic home record of four wins and one draw in five league games at Stadio Olimpico this term, while their counterparts have lost four of five away matches this season.
Key Stats for Betting
- Lazio won four and drew one of five home matches in the Serie A this season.
- Ciro Immobile scored 9 goals in 10 league appearances this term. He was on target in each of the last two clashes.
- Salernitana lost four of five away games this season in the Serie A.
- They have played the likes of Bologna, Torino, Sassuolo, Spezia, and Venezia in the process.
Tips for Lazio vs Salernitana
Lazio to win in -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 1.91 (10/11)
Ciro Immobile to score anytime @ 1.57 (4/7)