It is the battle for Rome this weekend as two city based clubs Lazio and Roma renew their rivalry as they battle it out at their shared home ground Stadio Olimpico.
The fixture table denotes Lazio as the home side but the stadium is equally used as Roma’s home ground. The two teams are the most supported club in Rome and are seeking for bragging rights as they clash on Sunday afternoon.
Lazio vs Roma: Form comparison
- Roma are currently unbeaten in their last 9 games which have helped them to third place behind Napoli and Juventus.
- They seem to have increased their fire power as they are the joint highest scoring team with Napoli (62 goals).
- Roma have also won their last 4 away games and have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 away games.
- Lazio are not quite in a good shape as they have won only 2 of their last 6 Serie A games, lost 1 and drew 3.
- Lazio have a zero goal difference, they have scored same amount of goals that they have conceded (38).
Lazio: Team News
Lazio will be without 5 defenders as they are out on injuries and this might create a defensive problem for the coach and the team
Stefan De Vrij, Stefan Radu, Santiago Gentiletti, Abdoulay konko and Ricardo Kishna are the injured defenders.
Senad Lulic is on Red Card while Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and Dusan Basta are doubtful.
Lazio: Expected Starting Eleven (4-3-3)
Marchetti – Braafheid, Bisevac, Hoedt, Patric – Parolo, Biglia, Milinkovic Savic – Matri, Anderson, Candreva.
Roma: Team News
The coach might consider giving Totti some playing time as this looks to be his last Rome derby.
Daniel De Rossi is not fully fit which may give Keita a place in the starting line up, while Nobert Gyomber is out on injury.
Edin Dzeko might get a chance in the starting 11 as he performed well in the international week.
Roma: Expected Starting Eleven (4-2-3-1)
Scezesny – Florenzi, Manolas, Rudiger, Digne – Naingolan, Pjanic – Salah, Perotti, El Shaarawy – Dzeko.
Lazio vs Roma: Head-to-Head Stats
- The two teams have played 47 times at Stadio Olimpico but 22 of the games are considered as Lazio’s home game.
- Lazio have won 10 times at home against Roma, lost 7 and drew 5.
- Roma have won 3 of their last 5 games together and drew 2.
- Roma have also kept a clean sheet in 3 of their last 5 games.
Lazio vs Roma: Prediction
All fingers are pointing at Roma as the straight winners with their good run of form this season. Over 2.5 goals is expected as Roma have a good scoring form and have recorded over 2.5 goals in their last 3 away games.
The bookmakers have some lucrative offers for this match, and could be backed these with some confidence.