Las Palmas vs Celta Vigo
Spanish La Liga 2016/17
Date: Sunday, 30th October 2016,
Kick-Off at 19:45 UK
Venue: Estadio San Mames, Bilbao.
Las Palmas search for win continues this weekend when they welcome Celta Vigo to Estado de Gran Canaria.
Las Palmas good start to the season faded away since after they were beaten 4-1 away at Real Sociedad. They have been on a winless streak in their last 5 games, with two defeats and 3 draws. They are currently on the 9th spot in the league table with 12 points to their name after 9 games. They will come into this game from a 2-1 away defeat against Valencia last weekend.
Celta Vigo returned to winning ways last weekend as they hit Deportivo La Coruna 4-1 at home. Also, they managed a 2-2 home draw in the Europe League last week to make the week a successful one. Celta are now on the 8th position in the La Liga table with 13 points, 3 points below the last spot of the Europe League. A win in this game could take them into the European spot depending on results elsewhere.
Las Palmas vs Celta Vigo: Head to Head Statistics
- The two teams involved have played 19 games against each other in the past.
- Las Palmas have won 9 games against Celta Vigo, drawn 3 and lost 7 games to Celta Vigo.
- At home, Las Palmas have won 6 games, drawn 2 and lost just once to Celta Vigo.
- Their last 6 games have been hugely influenced by Las Palmas with 4 wins, a draw and a defeat.
- Their last game here at de Gran Canaria was a 2-1 win in favour of Las Palmas.
Las Palmas vs Celta Vigo: Prediction
Games between these two teams have always been tough, but Las Palmas have always had an edge at home. However their recent form has been very poor, may be this could be the game that will lift them up.
One thing is sure in this game, there will be inflow of goals as the two teams have been good upfront. Las Palmas will be able to keep their dominance over Celta Vigo and perhaps go above them in the table.
Las Palmas vs Celta Vigo: Betting Tips
Both teams to score at 1.70 (7/10)
Las Palmas to win at 11/8 (2.30).