Chicago Fire vs Seattle Sounders
Major League Soccer
Date: Tuesday, 14 July 2020
Kick-Off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (Bay Lake, Florida)
Chicago Fire will play their first match in Group B as they face current Champions Seattle Sounders on Tuesday.
The hosts have a poor record against this opposition both at home and away. But they have a pretty good home form going on. In fact, they have a six-match unbeaten streak going on at this ground.
Seattle opened the season with a disappointing draw against the San Jose earthquakes. They were rusty in that game in which they allowed the opposition more than half of the ball possession. In fact, the Quakes created more scoring chances than the champions.
Chicago Fire vs Seattle Sounders: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Seattle has won both recent clashes against this opposition.
- They have three wins and a defeat in the last five head to head games.
- Both sides scored in the latest 4 clashes in the MLS across all venues.
- Three of those four matches had more than 2.5 goals in full time.
- The visitors picked up three wins in their five recent trips to this ground.
- Both teams found the back of the net in four of those five matches.
- All four of those games had more than 2.5 goals in total too.
Chicago Fire vs Seattle Sounders: Prediction
Seattle Sounders are unbeaten in 9 consecutive MLS fixtures on the trot. They had a rough start to the season against the Earthquakes but will be coming into this game looking for the first win of this campaign. If last season was anything to go by they have the upper hand against this opposition.
There will be no shortage of goals in this upcoming tie. The seven games in their last nine head to head meetings in the MLS saw both teams scoring.
The hosts have conceded first in four of their last 13 MLS matches with goals coming between 16th-30th minutes.
Even though Seattle is slow in their scoring efforts, they are most likely to score first in this one. They have done so in a recent head to head match here as well. Thus we can expect the Champions to score first in this tie.
Chicago Fire vs Seattle Sounders: Betting Tips
Both teams to score @ 1.67 (2/3).
Seattle to score first @ 1.80 (4/5).