LA Galaxy vs Houston Dynamo:
MLS Regular Season,
Date: Saturday, July 16, 2016
Kick-off: 4:00 UK Time
Venue: Stubhub Center, Carson (California).
LA Galaxy look to extend their winning run as they welcome Huston Dynamo for the MLS fixture on Friday evening.
Galaxy earned their second win in a row with a narrow 1-0 away victory at Seattle Sounders in their last round fixture. This also extended their unbeaten run to 4 matches and remain fourth in the Western Conference standings with 29 points from 20 matches. The teams are tightly packed on points in the middle of the table and LA Galaxy can’t afford to drop any more points in order to extend their stay inside the play-off spot.
Huston Dynamo are the eight placed team in the Western Conference, but they are not yet completely out of the play-off hopes. They have a poor win record with season after managing just 4 wins from 18 matches so far. While they had lost 8 and drawn 6 and must start to perform at a higher level if they are to improve the chances of getting into the play-off spot.
LA Galaxy: Predicted Line-up (4-4-2)
Rowe – Romney, Leonardo, Steres, DelaGarza – Larentowicz, Magee – Zardes, Gerrard, Dos Santos – Keane.
Houston Dynamo: Predicted Line-up (4-1-4-1)
Deric – Beasley, Horst, Rodriguez, Anibaba – Warner – Garcia, Alex, Clark, Barnes – Bruin.
LA Galaxy vs Huston Dynamo: Head-to-Head Stats
- Overall (25 Matches) : LA Galaxy – 11 wins, Huston Dynamo – 9 wins, Draws – 5.
- LA Galaxy at home vs Huston Dynamo – 7 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses.
- The teams had already met once this season and LA Galaxy cruised to a 4-1 win at Huston on 15th April 2016.
- They played against each other three times last season, winning 1 each. Two of the fixtures were hosted by LA Galaxy, where they won in one and drawing the other.
- LA Galaxy had lost only once in the last 7 home meetings with Huston Dynamo, winning 5.
LA Galaxy vs Huston Dynamo: Prediction
LA Galaxy are on a strong run at home this season and remains unbeaten after 9 matches with 5 wins and 4 draws. However they had draws 3 of the last 4 homes and scored just 3 goals from the last 4. They haven’t conceded goals in the last three matches at the StubHub Center.
Huston Dynamo are unbeaten in their last two MLS games, but their away form this season is far too disappointing. They are yet to win a game on the road this season after losing 7 of the 10 games. They managed to earn a draw in 3 of the last 4 away games.
I expect LA Galaxy to put a strong showing at home on Friday evening. Huston Dynamo are a poor away side and there are unlikely to trouble the hosts.
LA Galaxy vs Huston Dynamo: Tips
- LA Galaxy to win.
- LA Galaxy to keep a clean sheet (Risky)
- Under 3.5 goals.