Kilmarnock vs Celtic
Scotland – Premiership
Date: Sunday, 9 August 2020
Kick-Off at 16:30 UK/ 17:30 CET
Venue: Rugby Park (Kilmarnock)
By the looks of it, Kilmarnock is set for a mid-table finish this year too. They have not made many improvements from last season based on their first game of this campaign. The away defeat to Hibernian exposed the team’s defensive issues and away game woes. They conceded twice early in the first half and if they continue that against the champions we will be in for a huge score.
The Champs have started off with a banger against Hamilton. They netted five times and apart from the goal they conceded there was nothing to worry for the Celts. But they need to avoid conceding silly free-kicks near and around the box to keep things clean at the back.
Kilmarnock vs Celtic: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Celts have won all six previous head to head clashes against this opposition.
- The three latest clashes had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- Both sides found the net in all those three games across all venues.
- The last time Killie won this fixture was back in September 2018.
- The visitors picked up three wins and two defeats in five previous trips to this ground.
- The home team is winless in three competitive matches on the trot.
- Celtic has not lost on the road since the defeat of CFR Cluj in the Europa League in December 2019.
Kilmarnock vs Celtic: Prediction
The defensive unit of Celtic has conceded in their opening match against Hamilton. Despite scoring five they should be worried about giving away goals to such below par opponents. The goal difference may play a crucial role in the latter part of the season if they are in a spot of bother. The hosts have scored past them on three recent occasions even though the Celts won them all. Killie has scored in all seven previous home matches in both league and Cup.
The reigning champions are already scoring five goals per match. We all know what their attacking unit can do from the last Premiership season. They have never failed to score against weaker opposition and they never hold back after scoring one or two goals. So we can expect a score with more than 2.5 goals and both teams scoring them.
Kilmarnock vs Celtic: Betting Tips
Both teams to score @ 2.00 (1/1).
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.57 (4/7).