Kawasaki Frontale vs Kashima Antlers
Date: Saturday, 4 July 2020
Kick-Off at 11:00 UK/ 12:00 CET
Venue: Kawasaki Todoroki Stadium.
After the first round, the home side is 12th in the table. The season opener saw them draw against Sagan Tosu at home. Despite having a significant part of possession and over 20 goal attempts they failed to score in that game.
Kashima Antlers wanted to start the season with a win. But things did not go their way as they lost 3-0 to Hiroshima away from home. The former champions have not lifted the league title since 2016. They are chasing for a record ninth title in the Japanese top tier.
Kawasaki Frontale vs Kashima Antlers: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Kawasaki is unbeaten against the Antlers in 5 previous meetings in all competitions.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in four of those five games.
- Kashima previously won this fixture back in September 2018.
- The hosts have three wins and a defeat in their 5 previous clashes at this ground.
- Both sides found the back of the net in all five of those matches at this venue.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in total in four of those five games as well.
Kawasaki Frontale vs Kashima Antlers: Prediction
All their 5 recent meetings at this ground saw both teams getting goals. Kashima is known for one of the best attacking units in Japanese club football. They have scored past this opposition in many previous encounters across various venues. So, I am backing this upcoming tie to have goals from both teams.
But the visitors have lost away from home in many latest competitive matches. These defeats may have had a negative impact on the team’s mindset. This is the possible reason for their defeat in the season opener.
Kawasaki managed to remain unbeaten in both the head to head games last season. Also, with a poor head to head record against the hosts, it is unlikely that the visitors win on Saturday.
Kawasaki Frontale vs Kashima Antlers: Betting Tips
Home team to win @ 1.57 (4/7).
Both teams to score @ 1.79 (4/5).