Kashiwa Reysol vs FC Tokyo
Japan – J. League
Date: Saturday, 4 July 2020
Kick-off at 11:00 UK/ 12:00 CET
Venue: Hitachi Kashiwa Stadium.
Nelsinho Baptista’s men were not even present in the top flight the last season, and as such, they are a bit inexperienced. Meanwhile, their counterparts were runners-up of the league the past season, and they received a ticket to the Champions League qualification rounds.
On top of that, they also do have a better h2h record against this rival in recent h2h clashes. Likely, expect FC Tokyo to dominate proceedings this Saturday at the Hitachi Kashiwa Stadium.
Kashiwa Reysol vs Tokyo: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last time these two locked horns, Kenta Hasegawa’s men recorded a 2-0 win at home.
- Six of the previous seven encounters saw Baptista’s men failing to keep a clean sheet.
- They had also failed to score goals in two of the former four meetings.
- Since 2000, only thrice have the guests failed to score goals at this stadium.
- Meanwhile, they kept clean sheets in three of their former six visits to this ground.
Kashiwa Reysol vs Tokyo: Prediction
Baptista’s men are newcomers to this competition, and they are a bit rusty to take on the best teams in this top flight. And to pile on, Hasegawa’s men had missed out on the title the last campaign by a tiny margin, and finished as runners-up.
This allowed them the opportunity to take part in Europe’s premier competition, and further advanced their experiences in dealing with some of the best squads in the continent.
On top of that, they also had won the latest h2h meeting with this opponent, and even kept a clean sheet then. Moreover, they have failed to score goals in face-to-face fixtures at this venue just once since 2007, and merely thrice since 2000.
Considering these factors, expect FC Tokyo to emerge victorious this Saturday.
Kashiwa Reysol vs Tokyo: Betting Tips
Double Chance: FC Tokyo or Draw @ 1.40 (2/5)
FC Tokyo +0.5 Asian Handicap @ 1.40 (2/5).