Sporting Kansas City vs Portland Timbers:
MLS Regular Season.
Date: Sunday, July 31, 2016,
Kick-off: 19:00 UK.
Venue: Children’s Mercy Park (Kansas).
Sporting Kansas City will be aiming to extend their winning streak at home this weekend when they welcome Portland Timbers at the Children Mercy Park on Sunday night
Sporting Kansas returned to winning ways last weekend with an impressive 3-0 home win against Seattle Sounders, they are now in the 4th position in the Western Conference table with 31 points. Kansas are now 10 points behind table leaders and 4 points below 3rd place.
Sporting are good in their recent home games, they have won 4 of their last 6 home games and lost 2. They have scored 20 goals on home soil this season and conceded 14.
On the other hand, Portland Timbers’ 4-game unbeaten run was halted last weekend, they were beaten 2-1 at home by LA Galaxy. LA Galaxy went 2-0 up in just 11 minutes into the game, but Timbers pulled one back some minutes before the half time.
Timbers are now in 7th in the Western Conference table with 29 points, they have scored 33 goals this season but have also conceded 33 goals too. They now the 2nd worst defensive side in the league.
- Sporting Kansas are on a 4 game winning streak at home.
- Sporting Kansas have scored at least 3 goals in their last 3 home games.
- Portland Timbers are without a win in their last 6 away matches.
Sporting Kansas City vs Portland Timbers: Head to Head
- Both teams have had a fair share of their previous 11 games, they have both won 4 games each and lost 4.
- Sporting Kansas are unbeaten in their last 5 meetings against Portland Timbers, they have won two and drawn 3.
Sporting Kansas City vs Portland Timbers: prediction
Games between these two teams have always been tough, their recent games have recorded a low score line. Sporting are on a good form at home and have a good scoring record of late at home.
I predict a win for the home team, also I expect a score line of 3-1.
Sporting Kansas City vs Portland Timbers: Tips
- Sporting Kansas City win.
- Both team to score (yes)
- Over 2.5 goals