Juventus vs Verona
2017/18 Italian Serie A.
Date: Saturday, 19 May 2018
Kick-Off: 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Allianz Stadium (Turin).
Having already secured their seventh straight Scudetto, Juventus will hope to give outgoing skipper and stalwart goalkeeper Gigi Buffon something to celebrate as they take on relegated Hellas Verona on Saturday.
Buffon announced on Thursday that this game will be his final in the Bianconeri kit, and the club will naturally do something to honor his long service with the team. At the age of 40 who knows what his future holds? Will he opt to try to play elsewhere, or will he turn his attention to management? Only Buffon himself knows.
Meanwhile, Massimiliano Allegri announced recently that he will stay at Juventus for the near future, which will satisfy Bianconeri fans. Juventus will hope to try to again try to conquer Europe next term, but they have earned another Scudetto as well as another Coppa Italia under his tenure and are certain to cruise to a very comfortable win here. Verona have lost their last six in a row and have had a miserable season in the top flight.
The Gialloblu have lost nine of their last ten, including six in a row and Juventus easily beat them 3-1 in their last meeting. The fact that they now have already secured the Scudetto after Napoli attempted to challenge them throughout must feel like a major relief, but they certainly will be well aware that going forward, it’s not going to be smooth sailing as their rivals are certain to put up a good fight going forward.
Juventus vs Verona: Head-to-head statistics
- Juventus have won 34 of their last 38 home matches
- Verona have lost their last 7 away matches
- Juventus have won their last 8 home matches against Verona in all competitions
- Verona have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 7 away matches
- Juventus have scored at least 2 goals in 6 of their last 7 home matches
- Verona have lost nine of their last 10 Serie A games
- Verona have lost their last six Serie A games in a row
- Juventus have scored at least 3 goals in their last 3 home matches against Verona in all competitions
- Juventus have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 8 matches against Verona in all competitions
Juventus vs Verona: Prediction
If this isn’t a David vs. Goliath clash, then what is? Juventus have lost just twice at home all season – to Lazio and Napoli. Both teams were sides challenging for a Champions League spot, and in the case of Napoli, the Partenopei were desperate to end Juve’s reign as champions of Italy.
Verona have been already relegated and have nothing left to play for, and plus they’ve not even playing at home. La Vecchia Signora will have the party started and they couldn’t ask for a better game for Gianluigi Buffon to celebrate his retirement with.
Juventus vs Verona: Betting tips
- Over 3.5 goals at 1.66
- BTTS – NO at 1.57.