Jeonbuk vs Pohang Steelers
South Korea K-League 1
Date: Saturday, 1 August 2020
Kick-Off at 11:00 UK/ 12:00 CET
Venue: Jeonju World Cup Stadium (Jeonju).
A spell of winless games has hurt the champions from getting back to the top of the table. Currently they are second with three points between them and Ulsan Hyundai. After three matches without a win they finally got all three points in the recent clash against Seoul FC. Even though they have not scored as much as teams like Ulsan and Pohang, their defence is not easy to break.
The Steelers are coming into this match with a nine game unbeaten run in all competitions. But their last defeat was in the hands of this opposition. So they are low on morale especially since they are playing away from home.
Jeonbuk vs Pohang Steelers: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Warriors are on a 3-match winning streak against this opposition.
- They have not lost in any of the six previous meetings with the Steelers.
- Three recent head to head matches produced more than 2.5 goals in total.
- Both teams found the net in three of those games across all venues.
- The hosts have four wins and a defeat in the last five clashes at this ground.
- They kept a clean sheet in all four of those wins also.
- Three of those five games here saw a final score with over 2.5 goals.
Jeonbuk vs Pohang Steelers: Prediction
This is a match between two heavyweights of Korean Football. The home team is on a winning streak in front of their home crowd. The visitors are one of the two teams that have never lost a match on the road along with toppers Ulsan.
At the same time the champions are yet to lose a home fixture this season. Even though both of them are equals in terms of form a draw is very unlikely. Their head to head history gives advantage to the Warriors so I am backing them to get the win in this one.
Since both of them are in exceptional scoring form I am sure we cans see goals at both ends of the pitch. The home team has scored 21 goals so far and the Steelers have also found a flurry of goals in away game back to back. So I am backing both teams to get goals this weekend.
Jeonbuk vs Pohang Steelers: Betting Tips
Both teams to score @ 1.67 (2/3).
Jeonbuk to win @ 1.70 (7/10).