Jamaica vs Honduras
World Cup Qualification CONCACAF
Date: Thursday, 31 March 2022
Kick-off at 02:05 UK/ 03:05 CET
Venue: Independence Park.
These two teams are counted amongst the absolute worst in the Third Round of the CONCACAF Qualifiers, and as expected, they are already eliminated from the proceedings.
They are here now just to complete the schedule, and this will be their final match-day. The teams can be done after this fixture.
Both squads have struggled with defense all through this campaign, and let in goals in huge numbers all along.
Honduras are placed bottom-most in the table, and they have not won a single fixture during this process. It also is no wonder that they have conceded the most, as well have scored the least.
And despite all of their issues, the Jamaicans will want to take advantage of this fact. They are at home, and the players and management will want to close out their campaign with a win in front of their home crowd. It would also be an apology to the loyal fans who stuck with them through thick and thin.
They have been in better form comparatively, and importantly, they have the better h2h record over the years.
By the looks of things, expect a victory for Jamaica this Thursday.
Jamaica vs Honduras Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 0-2 win for the Jamaicans.
- They are on a three-fixture winning streak.
- They had scored two or more goals in three of the past four clashes.
- It’s been more than 50 years since they have lost at home.
Jamaica vs Honduras Prediction & Analysis
Jamaica did lose 4-0 on the road the last match-day. But they had registered a 1-1 draw before that, and they were also unbeaten in three of their last five home fixtures.
On the other hand, Honduras lost 0-1 at home the past game week, against Mexico. They had also lost nine of their past ten overall fixtures, and they are on a 16-match winless run as well.
And to top this all off, they have a worrying h2h record against this rival over the years.
For the reasons, expect a win for Jamaica at home.
Key Stats for Betting
- Honduras are the only team to have remained winless all through this Third Round.
- In fact, barring their four draws, they have a 100% losing record.
- Meanwhile, the Jamaicans had remained unbeaten in three of their past five appearances at home in these Qualifiers. And one of these two losses had come against none other than Mexico.
Tips for Jamaica vs Honduras
Jamaica to Win @ 1.90 (9/10)
Correct Score: 2-0 Jamaica @ 8.00 (7/1).