Ipswich Town vs Coventry City
England – League One
Date: Saturday, 7 March 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Portman Road (Ipswich)
The table-toppers will be in action this Saturday. Ipswich will take on a strong Coventry city in front of their home fans.
Coventry has surprised everyone with their performance this season. They finished 8th last year around but has 64 points in 33 matches. Both attack and defense are booming under manager Mark Robins. Ipswich has a poor home record failing to win 10 of their 16 home fixtures. This is an added advantage for visiting Sky Blues.
Ipswich Town vs Coventry City: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Coventry is unbeaten in their last 5 head to head meetings.
- Ipswich has 2 wins and lost just one game during that period.
- Both sides scored in 4 recent clashes across all venues.
- The hosts have 3 wins and 2 losses at this ground in the previous 5 matches against this opposition.
- All those 5 games had over 2.5 goals at the final whistle.
Ipswich Town vs Coventry City: Prediction
In the present form, there are very few teams to challenge Coventry. I do not think the hosts are one of them. After losing three matches in a row it will be difficult to take on a team like toppers. In their 8 previous league games, Ipswich has only a win and 6 defeats.
Apart from the defeat to Shrewsbury in December, the visitors have never lost in 10 away games. So I would recommend placing your money on an away win this Saturday.
In 4 of the last 5 away games that Coventry played, the final score had less than 2.5 goals. This can also be seen in 6 matches of the hosts too. They lost the last 2 home matches by conceding just one goal. In 19 games of Coventry and 21 matches of Ipswich, the total score was less than 2.5. Based on these facts I am backing a low scoring game with less than 2.5 goals in total.
Ipswich Town vs Coventry City: Betting Tips
- Away win for Coventry City @ 2.05 (12/11).
- Under 2.5 goals @ 1.60 (3/5).