Iceland vs Liechtenstein:
Date: Monday, 6th June 2016
Kick-off: 20:30 GMT
Venue: Laugardalsvöllur (Reykjavík).
Iceland will be looking forward to enter the Euro competition with victory and high morale as they play their final warm up match against Liechtenstein. Having lost 3-2 to Norway last time out, they are now hoping to undo the wrongs and build up their confidence with a victory in this game.
Liechtenstein will want to test their new breed of players mixed with few old experienced players as they seem to be rebuilding their team and this gives them the chance to test the men at work and see their output.
- Iceland have been running on a very poor form, their last 5 games have showed they are capable of scoring but can’t defend and are often outscored.
- Iceland have lost 4 of their last 5 games and won just 1 game which is against Greece.
- Iceland are poor defensively, they have conceived at least 2 goals in their last 5 games.
- Liechtenstein have been rolling on a very poor form, they have failed to register a win in their last 8 games, they have lost 6 of their last 8 games which includes 7-0 thrashing by Russia.
- Liechtenstein have failed to score in 6 of their last 8 games and have conceded at least 2 goals in 6 of their last 8 games… very poor!!
Iceland: Predicted Line-up
Halldorsson – Savarsson, Sigurdsson, Arnason, Hauksson – Hallfredsson, Gudmundsson, Bjarnasson, Gurnasson – Gudjonsen, Finnbogason.
Liechtenstein: Predicted Line-up
Jehle – Kaufman, Rechsteiner, Yildiz, Brandle – Buchel, Hasler, Gubser, Wolfinger – Salanovic, Bucher.
Iceland vs Liechtenstein: Head-To-Head stats
Both teams have met six times in the past and Iceland have dominated the fixtures with 3 wins, they have lost to Liechtenstein once and drew the remaining 2 games. Their last game together was in 2010, a game which ended in a 1-1 stalemate.
Iceland vs Liechtenstein: Prediction
Iceland may be in a poor form but they are the clear favourites in this game with their side being much improved than their opponents since they last met and they are in preparation for their first major international tournament. Liechtenstein are in a much worse form than their opponent, it seems their strikers are banned from scoring as none of their current strikers have scored a goal for the national team.
We may not see a goal galore in this game but I’m not just expecting Iceland to win but also a clean sheet from them.
Recommended Bet: HT/FT – Iceland/Iceland (odds @ 1.40)
Best Bet: Iceland – Clean Sheet (odds 1.53)
*All Odds from Ladbrokes at the time of composing this article.
Get a £50 Free Bet using Promo Code F50 by clicking here.