Hungary vs Serbia
International – Friendlies
Date: Thursday, 24 March 2022
Kick-off at 18:30 UK/ 19:30 CET
Venue: Puskás Aréna.
Both teams have had successes of their own in recent years, and are determined to keep the streak going on. A lot of small teams in Europe have been coming up with great displays in international stage, and the role the Nations League plays behind this is immense.
Hungary were a part of League B before, but they managed to secure the top-most position in Group B3, and thus they will be part of the prestigious and top-most League A, where they will lock horns with the absolute best teams in the world in the next edition of the competition.
Meanwhile, Serbia probably delivered the upset of the year, when they defeated Portugal in Portuguese soil, on the final match-day of the UEFA World Cup Qualifiers – First Round.
As a result, the Serbians obtained the top-most spot, and thus the direct ticket to Qatar World Cup. This also resulted in Portugal having to take part in playoffs with Italy – thus ensuring one of the two will not travel to Qatar.
By the looks of things, expect a fierce encounter at the Puskas Arena, and anticipate goals in plenty too.
Hungary vs Serbia Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest match-up had ended in a 1-1 draw.
- The fixture before that had ended in a 0-1 win for the Mighty Magyars.
- 100% of meetings on Hungarian soil had goals from both teams.
Hungary vs Serbia Prediction & Analysis
Hungary are on a two-fixture winning streak, and they had also lost just once in the past five match-ups. They also had a decent campaign in the recent Euros, and they had lost just twice at home in the past two-year period.
On the other hand, Serbia are on a four-game winning streak, and had scored a total of ten goals in the process. They had also remained unbeaten in 17 of their past 18 overall fixtures.
Considering these observations, expect a high-scoring affair this Thursday between the two squads.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Hungarians had lost just once all through their NL campaign, and the Serbians were also in this same group.
- Serbia might have finished third in their Nations League group, but they had scored the most number of goals in the process.
- Meanwhile, they had remained unbeaten all through their World Cup qualification campaign, and had scored the most number of goals in Group A.
Tips for Hungary vs Serbia
Both Teams to Score @ 2.00 (1/1)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.25 (5/4).