Hull City vs Middlesbrough
England – Championship
Date: Thursday, 2nd July 2020
Kick-Off at 17:00 UK/ 18:00 CET
Venue: KCOM Stadium.
The home team is currently on a 13 match winless run. This spell includes 10 defeats and the remaining three were draws. After Luton, Hull has conceded the most number of goals this season.
In the 13 previous games they have conceded a whopping 33 goals which is about half of the goals they gave away this entire season.
The Boro fans will be wondering what happened to the team. They finished 7th last season and after 39 games is currently 19th right now. They are coming into this match after an away win against struggling Stoke City.
From the games so far, Middlesbrough has lost 15 i.e. 5 more than the number of wins.
Hull vs Middlesbrough: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Boro is unbeaten in their last 5 meetings with this opposition.
- The last time the Tigers won this fixture was back in April 2017.
- Both sides found the net in four of their last six meetings across all venues.
- Four of those games had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- The visitors are unbeaten in two latest travels to this ground.
- All three recent meetings at this ground saw goals from both sides.
- More than 2.5 goals were also scored in three of those five matches here.
Hull vs Middlesbrough: Prediction
Middlesbrough may be at the wrong side of the table. But they have found a couple of wins in away matches in recent weeks.
On the other hand the hosts have not won s single match at home soil since late December 2019. So it is very easy to give the visitors the upper hand based on their recent form and the head to head stats.
In the four away matches that Middlesbrough has won recently they managed to keep a clean sheet. But the head to head stats show that the last three matches had goals from both sides.
This is unlikely to happen since the hosts have not troubled the scored in three back to back home matches. So I am backing the away team to win with only one team getting the goals.
Hull vs Middlesbrough: Betting Tips
Away team to win @ 1.57 (4/7).
Both teams to score: No @ 2.00 (1/1).