Hull City vs Charlton Athletic
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 14 March 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: KCOM Stadium.
With just a handful of matches left both sides are fighting for survival. The hosts have lost all their 4 recent games and could not win against the bottom side Barnsley. They have just 41 points and need wins to widen the gap with the red zone of the table.
It’s looking like Charlton will go back to League One after getting promoted to Championship. They have a 3 match losing streak active at present and have only 1 win in the last 5 games.
Hull City vs Charlton Athletic: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The reverse fixture was a draw with both sides scoring 2 goals each.
- Hull has 2 wins and a defeat against this opposition in their 5 previous games.
- The Tigers kept a clean sheet in 3 of those 5 matches as well.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in all 3 recent head to head matches.
- Hull is on a 2 match win streak at home against Charlton Athletic.
- Charlton has only one win in 3 head to head matches at this ground.
- Hull City is winless in 11 Championship matches on the trot.
Hull City vs Charlton Athletic: Prediction
I do not see any home advantage for the Tigers in their present condition. They are yet to win a home match in 2020 and have lost 10 of their 19 matches at this ground. There is no other team with a poor home form than Hull City.
A win for the visitors seems far fetched also as they have an ongoing winless run themselves. But I am sure about both of them scoring considering their defensive stats so far. Hull is conceding an average of 1.7 goals per match and the visitors have also given away 1 goal per game.
When these two met for the first time this season, the final score was 2-2. Thanks to their poor defenses vast majority of their matches this season had over 2, goals in total. Then trend is clearly visible in 24 matches of Hull and 22 matches of Charlton. Thus I am backing a high scoring game with both sides netting goals.
Hull City vs Charlton Athletic: Betting Tips
- Both teams to score @ 1.71(5/7).
- Over 2.5 goals @ 1.91(10/11).