Huddersfield vs Wigan Athletic
England – Championship
Date: Saturday, 14 March 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Kirklees Stadium.
Two sides at the bottom half of the table will meet when the Tics travel to meet Huddersfield. After 37 rounds completed there is nothing much separating them in terms of points. Like most sides, they failed to keep things sorted at the back conceding more goals than they scored.
Huddersfield vs Wigan Athletic: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Huddersfield has 2 wins and a loss in the past 5 meetings against Wigan.
- The reverse fixture ended as a draw with both sides scoring a goal each.
- In 4 of their 5 previous clashes, the score had less than 2.5 goals.
- The visitors won 2 recent head to head games at this ground.
- Huddersfield defeated Wigan here previously in February 2014.
- Less than 2.5 goals were scored in 3 of the last 5 meetings at this ground.
- Wigan Athletic is unbeaten in 7 championship games at present.
Huddersfield vs Wigan Athletic: Prediction
Wigan is on cloud nine with their recent league wins. Many thought the win over table-toppers Leeds United was sheer luck. Actually that 0-1 was the start of the resurrection of the Tics. They are currently unbeaten 6 matches on the trot with wins over West Brom and Reading who are way above them in the table. Since they remain unbeaten in the last 2 trips to this ground I am backing them to win again. But the hosts won their 2 recent home matches. So to keep things safe I recommend putting your money on a double chance for either a draw or the visitors winning.
The home team has scored in 7 of their last 10 matches in the Championship. Wigan has also found the net in 7 of their matches on the road. So we may see yet another match with both sides getting on the score sheet.
Huddersfield vs Wigan Athletic: Betting Tips
- Double Chance: Draw or Wigan @ 1.66 (2/3).
- Both teams to score @ 1.87 (7/8).