Huddersfield vs Preston
Date: Saturday, 4 July 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Kirklees Stadium (Huddersfield)
Huddersfield ended a three-game losing streak with the win over Birmingham in the last league game. They are holding onto dear life as they do not want to get relegated for a second consecutive season. The hosts need more wins to increase the gap with the relegation zone.
The visitors are suffering from a 6 match winless run. Five of those six games were defeats which take their tally to 15 defeats. The latest loss was against Derby County which ended with a final score of 0-1.
Huddersfield vs Preston: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Preston has three wins and two defeats in five previous meetings with this opposition.
- They won the reverse fixture this season with the final score being 3-1.
- Both sides found the back of the net in the last 5 head to head matches.
- All five of those games also had more than 2.5 goals in total.
- The common score in three of those five games was 3-1.
- The hosts have never lost to Preston in all for clashes at this ground.
- Three of their recent encounters here saw a score with more than 2.5 goals.
Huddersfield vs Preston: Prediction
Preston is going through one of their worst period this season. They have lost the majority of their league games since February. They could not win even against Luton who is at the bottom of the table. Meanwhile, Huddersfield has won three of their recent home games. Also, they have never lost to Preston at home soil which makes this match more interesting.
In the match against Luton Town, Preston took the lead early in the second half. But even against one of the poorest attack, they conceded at the last minutes of the game. This will hurt them when they meet Huddersfield who has found goals in recent matches. So I am backing a Double Chance for either a draw or the hosts winning with both teams getting goals.
Huddersfield vs Preston: Betting Tips
Both teams to score @ 1.91 (10/11).
Double Chance: Draw or Huddersfield to win @ 1.44 (4/7).