Huddersfield vs Luton
England – Championship
Date: Friday, 10 July 2020
Kick-Off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Kirklees Stadium.
The home side is currently enjoying a three-match unbeaten run. The latest of those games ended as an away draw against Reading. But at home things are not in control as they have lost more games than wins.
From the 21 games at this ground, they have lost 8 while winning only 7 in return. The defense has given away more goals here than they scored from those games.
Luton is winless in three league games on the trot. They recently drew the toppers-Leeds, away from home.
But then they could not win against a team that is in the relegation zone. But a narrow chance still exists for them to save this season and book a seat for another one.
Huddersfield vs Luton: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Huddersfield has three wins and a loss in 5 previous meetings with this opposition.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five games in all competitions.
- In the four head to head clashes at this ground, the hosts have two wins and a loss.
- All four of those matches had fewer than 2.5 goals at the final whistle.
- Luton Town has no wins in three league matches on the trot.
- Huddersfield remains unbeaten in three consecutive league games.
Huddersfield vs Luton: Prediction
The Terriers managed to draw both their games at home in the last two matchdays. Of those games, they could have won against Preston but let them get away with a point.
But the following draw against Reading was also disappointing as they could not score despite having more possession and shots on goal.
Luton has done well in recent weeks but draws will not help them stay in the Championship. With the head to head stats favoring the hosts, I think we can see a draw on Friday.
These are two sides with a habit of giving away goals too cheaply. The hosts have conceded 63 goals in the 42 games so far.
The visitors have the worst defensive record in this season with 79 goals given away in their matches. So I am pretty sure we can see goals on both sides of the field in this one.
Huddersfield vs Luton: Betting Tips
Match to draw @ 3.60 (13/5).
Both teams to score @ 1.80 (4/5).