Huddersfield Town vs Derby County
England League Championship
Date: Saturday, 22nd October 2016,
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK
Venue: John Smith’s Stadium, Huddersfield.
Huddersfield continued their downward slid on Tuesday night as they lost on the road to Preston North End. They will be hosting Derby County on Saturday afternoon at the John Smith’s Stadium.
Huddersfield gave away the opportunity of going back to second place in the Championship table on Tuesday night. They lost 3-1 to Preston North End, as they slid down to 4th in the Championship table with 25 points.
Huddersfield field are now on a 2-game losing streak, also their last 5 games have recorded 3 defeats and 2 wins. They will look forward to a win in this one to avoid a third successive defeat.
Derby County seem to have found their feet in recent weeks, they are currently in a four-game unbeaten run. They have won two of their last 4 game and drawn 2 also they have kept clean sheets in three of their last four games.
Derby are just two positions above the drop zone and also two points above the drop zone. A win in this game can possibly take them into 13th position depending on results elsewhere.
Huddersfield vs Derby County: Head to Head Statistics
- This two teams have come a long way, they have played 54 times against each other.
- Huddersfield have won 19 games, drawn 14 games and lost 21 games against Derby in their previous meetings.
- At home, Huddersfield have won 16 games, drawn 8 and lost 3 games to Derby County.
- They have had a close scoring contest, as Huddersfield have scored 85 goals and conceded 82 goals against Derby.
- Their recent games have been dominated by Derby and they are unbeaten in the last 7 meetings against Huddersfield, with 6 wins and a draw.
- Derby have scored at least 2 goals in each of their last 5 games against Huddersfield.
Huddersfield vs Derby County: Prediction
Judging by their recent head to head stats, Derby should be the favourites this game, also Derby have been in good performance in recent weeks. Also Derby have dominated their last 3 visits to John Smith’s Stadium.
Huddersfield will need to go back to the drawing board, as a third successive defeat looks imminent. The game will be a tough one which could go either way but the two teams will likely have a share on goal.
Huddersfield vs Derby County: Tips
Both teams to score at 2.05 (12/11)
Double Chance on Derby County to win or draw at 1.53 (6/11).