Honduras vs El Salvador
Date: Sunday, 3 June 2018
Kick-Off at 01:00 UK / 02:00 CET
Venue: BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston, Texas.
Honduras are hoping to arrest the slump in form following the inter-continental World Cup play-offs loss to Australia 3-1 on the road. The failure was followed with a 2-0 loss to Korea Republic on Monday. Nevertheless, Los Catrachos will have a nice chance to rebound on Saturday evening when they are to take on the CONCACAF rivals El Salvador in a friendly on the US soil.
Whilst Honduras featured the final stage of the World Cup qualifications, El Salvador were stopped in the penultimate round claiming just two points in six matches of the group stage with Mexico, Honduras and Canada. They then had another dismal campaign at the Gold Cup last summer failing to go beyond the group phase past Mexico and Jamaica who finished above them in the ladder.
Honduras vs El Salvador: Head-to-head
- As mentioned above, the two sides were drawn into the same group of the CONCACAF WC Qualifications (fourth round).
- Honduras took four points from these two outings winning the home leg 2-0 after playing a 2-2 draw on the road.
- Los Catrachos came on top when the rivals met each other last January in Copa Centroamericana (1-2).
- The two sides played each other a year ago in a friendly in Washington (ended in a 2-2 draw).
Honduras vs El Salvador Predictions
Honduras bagged two or more goals in each of last five head to head meetings with El Salvador. The head coach Carlos Tabora will certainly want to see his men extend such fine trend here particularly after the team failed to produce more than one goal in last three competitive matches.
El Salvador showed a decent defensive display in their previous action which saw Los Cuscatletos edge past Canada 1-0 in October last year. It was their only match since last summer’s Gold Cup. We do expect a tight affair with very few goal-scoring chances here which is why can hardly go past the Under 2.5 goals FT bet at the odds of 1.50.
As for the outcome, the quality is on Honduras’ side and we do find the value in backing them to bounce back and pick up the victory at the odds of 2.00.
Honduras vs El Salvador Betting Tips
- Under 2.5 goals FT @ 1.50
- Honduras to win @ 2.00.