Heracles Almelo vs FC Utrecht
Netherlands – Eredivisie
Date: Sunday, 15 December 2019
Kick-off at 15:45 UK / 16:45 CET
Venue: Polman Stadion (Almelo).
The battle for Europe continues, as two evenly matched sides lock swords at Polman Stadion in Sunday’s Eredivisie clash.
Heracles vs FC Utrecht: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Overall Stats (32 games): Heracles Almelo 8 wins, 12 Draws, FC Utrecht 12 wins.
- Heraclieden have 6-7-3 record at home versus Utrecht.
- Hosts failed to keep a clean sheet on their last eight encounters.
- FC Utrecht are on four-game winning streak vs Heracles.
- Guests are on a six-game unbeaten run in these confrontations.
- Both teams have scored in five of last seven head-to-head meetings.
- Four of their last five encounters ended with more than 2.5 goals.
- FC Utrecht were first to score in seven of their last eight showdowns.
- They also had a half-time lead in six of their last eight contests.
Heracles Almelo vs FC Utrecht: Prediction
Having gone unscathed at bothersome away trip to Rotterdam, Heracles are looking to continue their impressive home run and with another win challenge for European qualifications.
Following two opening losses and one draw, Heraclieden went on a five-game winning streak at Polman Stadion and now sit on 7th, having collected 25 points from seven wins and four draws from 16 rounds with 29 goals scored and 22 conceded.
A late goal from Bart Ramselaar gave Utrecht a slender 1-0 win at Groningen and ended their three-game losing run.
Van den Brom’s fellows occupies 6th place at Eredivisie’s ladder, following eight wins, two draws and six defeats (29:22 GD) and they plan to see the season out in Qualification Play Off spots.
On their excursions, they’ve been hit and miss. Three wins, same number of defeats and two draws with their latest one being v merciless (though only at home) Groningen.
Jesper Drost and Navajo Backboord are out for the season for Almelo side while van den Brom have clean bill of health though Adrian Dalmau is a bit short on match fitness.
Traditions must be respected, so we’re going for Over 2.5 goals for this one. Both hosts and guests had their fair share of high scoring games lately, so I believe they’ll continue to do so. That’s why Both teams to score is also an option.
Lastly, I’d put few bucks on Utrecht to Win. On paper, they have superior squad, will be on high following Groningen away win and, on their day, van den Brom’s men can outplay anyone.
Heracles Almelo vs FC Utrecht: Betting tips
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.61
Both teams to score @ 1.50
FC Utrecht to Win @ 2.47.