Hearts vs Motherwell
Scotland – Premiership
Date: Saturday, 7 March 2020
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Tynecastle Stadium (Edinburgh).
With the home win against Ross County, Motherwell ended a 6 match winless run in the Premiership. On the back of that positive result, they will welcome Hearts to the Scottish capital this Saturday.
Hearts are at the bottom of the table but pulled off some stunners in recent games. One of them was the Cup win over Rangers at home. They are also unbeaten in their 2 previous league fixtures, winning the latest of those against Hibernian away from home.
The hosts will have hope as they have a good record against Motherwell in front of their home crowd. Hearts could possibly move up the table if they play their cards right as they did against Hibernian.
Hearts vs Motherwell: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Well has 3 wins and 2 defeats against Hearts in the 5 recent clashes.
- Both teams scored and more than 2.5 goals were scored in 3 of those games.
- They have a 2 match win streak currently active in head to head meetings.
- This streak includes the reverse fixture triumph with a full-time score of 1-0.
- The hosts have won thrice in their last 5 meetings against this opposition here.
- Both teams scored in 3 of those matches.
Hearts vs Motherwell: Prediction
Hearts have shown real character to win games against some tough teams in recent weeks. In their 5 recent home games, they have 3 wins and lost only once. More than 2.5 goals were scored in 4 of those 5 games and both teams scored in 3 also.
The Steelmen have a winless streak going on away from home. They have lost 2 of the recent away matches against St Johnstone and Livingston in the league. So even though they are third in the league, their current form is inconsistent, to say the least. I am expecting both teams to find goals and the hosts getting a narrow win, this Saturday.
Hearts vs Motherwell: Betting Tips
- Hearts to win @ 1.57 (4/7).
- Both teams to score @ 1.80 (4/5).