FK Haugesund vs Stromsgodset
Norway – Eliteserien
Date: Sunday, 16 August 2020
Kick-Off at 17:00 UK/ 18:00 CET
Venue: Haugesund Stadion (Haugesund)
The Seagulls had a tough opening to this new season. They finished seventh last year after having so many ups and downs throughout that campaign. Currently, they are 11th in the points table equal on points with their upcoming opposition. They are coming into this game on the back of an away defeat. The loss to Mjondalen was their sixth in the 13 games so far.
Godset is a mirror image of Haugesund in this season. From 13 matches they have also lost 6 and won 4. Even though they have conceded way more than the hosts the attacking unit is the best among the teams in the bottom half.
FK Haugesund vs Stromsgodset: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Both sides have two wins each in their last five meetings across all venues.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five games in both league and Cup.
- Both sides found the back of the net in the last two clashes between them.
- The visitors have picked up two wins in their five previous visits to this ground.
- Both sides scored in three of those five meetings here.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in the majority of games during that spell.
- Godset has lost all four of their league matches on the road back to back.
- The hosts have a two-match win streak going on at home.
FK Haugesund vs Stromsgodset: Prediction
Both of them found the net in all two recent head to head matches. Even this season the hosts have been giving away plenty of goals. The visitors are also one of the defensively weak teams with a major portion of the season yet to come. Since they both are coming into this game from defeats the back lines will be under pressure for sure. So I think we can see goals at both ends of the field.
Godset has lost four of their last five league games both at home and away. From the six away games, they have lost four and have only one win to show for. Currently, they are having a streak of defeats on the road as well. So I am backing the hosts to win even though they are winless against this opposition in their last two meetings.
FK Haugesund vs Stromsgodset: Betting Tips
The home team to win @ 1.44 (4/9).
Both teams to score @ 1.73 (8/11).