Hannover vs St Pauli
Germany – 2. Bundesliga
Date: Wednesday, 17 June 2020
Kick-Off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Venue: HDI-Arena (Hannover)
Hannover is one of the few home teams who have remained unbeaten in 2020. They have won the last 2 matches here on the trot, one of which was against fourth pace Heidenheim. But they have drawn twice the number of matches they have won here. With these results, they are 8th in the points table with a great attack and below-average defence.
The visitors stand 13th in the table with just 4 points between them and the upcoming opposition. Since the table is so closely packed a few good results can help them climb the ranks. But like most teams, they have unsolved problems in the defence which needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
Hannover vs St Pauli: Head-to-head (h2h)
- The Reds are unbeaten in the last 4 meetings against this opposition.
- They have kept a clean sheet in all four of those games.
- St Pauli previously won this fixture back in October 2010.
- The last 5 head to head games between them had less than 2.5 goals in total.
- Both sides have two wins each in their 5 previous clashes at this ground.
- The latest three of those games had less than 2.5 goals at ninety minutes.
- Hannover had a 6 game unbeaten run going on in-home fixtures.
- St Pauli is winless in the last 4 league games on the road.
Hannover vs St Pauli: Prediction
Hannover has a great attacking unit but the defence has not lived up to expectations. They have conceded all 47 goals that they scored till now. This includes the 8 goals they gave away in 5 previous games. So we can expect the visitors to pose a problem for the home defence.
Even though Hannover has been losing at frequent intervals they have drawn more games than they lost and won combined at home. Currently, they are unbeaten in the last 8 league games at home. So I am backing the hosts to get a narrow win with both teams getting in the score sheet.
Hannover vs St Pauli: Betting Tips
- The home team to win @ 1.50(1/2).
- Both teams to score @ 1.67(2/3).
Looking for More Games? Let’s Jump to our main Football Tips Page.