Hammarby vs Ostersunds
Date: Monday, 9 July 2018
Kick-Off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Tele2 Arena, Stockholm.
Hammarby went into the midseason break sitting at the top of the Allsvenskan table. They didn’t finish well though with their last two games resulting in a defeat and a draw.
The defeat is their first this season and this left the Bajen disenchanted as it came at home against their bitter rivals AIK, who now took over the top spot in the table with a win on Sunday.
There is no panic at Hammarby camp though, since they have 2 games in hand and the lead is a meagre 1 point.
However, they might need to restart the campaign on a high note and Ostersunds presents a tricky proportion with the visitors going into the break on the back of a three match win streak.
Ostersunds didn’t have the best of the starts to the campaign and an ailing defense let them down far too many times this season.
They conceded a high proportion of goals on the road this season, still they can bank on their attack that scored 9 goals in the last 4 away games.
Hammarby vs Ostersunds Head-to-head
- Ostersunds are unbeaten in the last 5 competitive games against Hammarby, 3 wins and 2 draws. Still, they haven’t won 1 outside their home turf.
- This keeps Hammarby on a four match unbeaten streak in h2h games with 2 wins and 2 draws.
- The most common scoreline in their last 8 Allsvenskan h2h clashes is 1-1, which occurred 3 times.
- Also, 4 of those 8 are scored draws with the remaining 4 equally split into 2 wins for each sides.
- Key stat, 7 of their 8 league games saw both teams scoring at least once.
Hammarby vs Ostersunds Prediction
There will be some rustiness to shake off when these teams start their campaign after a 40 days break.
Still, Hammarby remain favorites for this clash on the back of their accolades at home. They are one of the well-supported team and it is a tough ask for visiting teams to take anything away from the Tele2 Arena.
Moreover, before the 1-0 defeat to AIK, Hammarby won their 5 home games scoring 3 or more on 4 occasions. This also include a 3-2 win against defending champions Malmo and we will not wrong by backing a home win here.
Hammarby vs Ostersunds Bet Tips
Hammarby to win at 1.98.
Both teams to Score & Over 2.5 goals @ 2.00 odd.