Hammarby vs Falkenbergs FF
Sweden – Allsvenskan
Date: Wednesday, 5 August 2020
Kick-Off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: Tele2 Arena (Stockholm)
The home side has to win consistently to at least replicate their third-place finish of last season. Currently, after 12 games they are 8th in the table with 4 wins, draws and defeats each. The team from the capital is currently on a two-match unbeaten run and they need more of those to get into the top five.
Falkenbergs is equal on points with Östersunds who are in the relegation zone. This is the same position they finished last season to stay alive for one more year in the top flight. But the luck may run out at some point with stronger opposition yet to play in the league.
Hammarby vs Falkenberg Head-to-head (h2h)
- The hosts are on a three-match winning streak against this opposition.
- They are unbeaten in all six previous head to head matches across all venues.
- Falkenbergs previously won this fixture back in 2013 in Superettan.
- The home team has two wins and a loss in five head to head matches at this ground.
- All five of those games saw more than 2.5 goals in total.
- Both sides found the back of the net in three of those games as well.
Hammarby vs Falkenberg Prediction
Judging by current form the home side has the upper hand in this game. Adding this to their head to head dominance, the away team will need something special to pick up all three points on Wednesday. From the six home games this year Hammarby has three wins and lost only once. Even though the visitors finally came back to winning ways in away fixtures, they played against an inferior opposition like Orebro.
There was never a shortage of goals whenever these two met on the field. All five previous head to head matches at this ground produced more than 2.5 goals. The visitors have scored in the majority of their away matches even though the results did not go their way. So I think we can see a high scoring game with the hosts winning this Wednesday.
Hammarby vs Falkenberg Betting Tips
Hammarby to win @ 1.44 (4/9).
Over 2.5 goals @ 1.65 (7/11).