Hamburg vs Ingolstadt
Date: Saturday, 27 August 2016,
Kick-Off: 14:30 UK
Venue: Volksparkstadion (Hamburg).
Hamburger finally achieved a decent league position by finishing 10th in the 2015/16 season after having to go through the play-offs to remain in the Bundesliga in the previous two seasons. Bruno Labbadia is in his second season of his second spell with the club.
Bruno Labbadia have heavily invested in strengthening the attack by bringing in USA international striker Bobby Wood, Filip Kostic from Stuttgart and Alen Halilovic from Barcelona. With the transfer window still open, he will be certainly looking to add some depth to their defensive department.
FC Ingolstadt had a decent run in their debut season in Bundesliga by finishing 11th in the standings. For the new season they lost their influential head-coach Ralph Hasenhuttl to the newly promoted Leipzig, who was a key factor in guiding the team to the German top flight. He is replaced by Markus Kauczinski, who had spent the last four years at Karlsruhe. However, the lack of adequate recruitments in the playing department could hinder them going forward in the new season.
Hamburg vs Ingolstadt: Head-to-Head
- Hamburg were held to a 1-1 draw in the corresponding fixture of previous season and they earned a 1-0 win in the away fixture at Ingolstadt.
- Hamburger SV also defeated Ingolstadt 3-1 in the DFB Pokal fixture of 2008, which is the only other competitive meeting between these two sides.
- They also met in a pre-season friendly on 2011, which ended in a 4-2 win for Hamburg.
Hamburg vs Ingolstadt: Prediction
Ingolstadt are poor side on the road and haven’t won an away game since September 2015, which now stay at 14 games without a win. Also they have a terrible pre-season where they failed to win in any of their five friendly matches, losing four.
While Hamburger have a good record over Ingolstadt with 3 wins and a draw from the four matches so far. And they look good enough to kick start their season campaign with a win. Looking at the previous results between these two sides, there is a good chance that Hamburg will score at least twice here.
Hamburg vs Ingolstadt: Betting Tips
- Hamburg to win at 2.10 (Recommended)
- Hamburg – Over 1.5 goals at 2.37
- Both teams to score and Hamburg to win at 5.00