Gwangju FC vs Gangwon FC
South Korea K League 1
Date: Sunday, 16 August 2020
Kick-Off at 11:00 UK/ 12:00 CET
Venue: Gwangju World Cup Stadium (Gwangju)
The Griffins are aiming to get three points as they are set to take on the Kodiaks this Sunday. The home team has been poor in this season of the Korean Top Division. From 15 games they have only four wins but lost eight games in return. The attack has not yet been in full flow. If they continue this kind of form they are very likely to be back in the second tier next season.
The away team has no wins in their last four league outings. The recent defeat to Seoul means they have lost seven from the 15 rounds. Like many other squads, they are also suffering from a lack of defensive strength. But the attack is much better when compared to other teams in the bottom half of the table.
Gwangju vs Gangwon Head-to-head (h2h)
- Gangwon has a two-match winning streak active against the Griffins.
- The last time Gwangju won this fixture was back in November 2014.
- All five previous head to head matches saw goals at both ends of the field.
- Three of those five matches also had more than 2.5 goals at the final whistle.
- Both teams have a win each in their last five clashes at this ground.
- Both of them scored in four of those five games here in both Cup and League.
Gwangju vs Gangwon Prediction
Three of the four defeats for the hosts came at this ground. In fact, they are currently on a three-match losing run in front of their own crowd. More than half of the goals they conceded also came in this ground. In a similar fashion, the Kodiaks have lost five of their eight matches on the road and are currently winless in six consecutive matches away from home. So there is very little between them just like the points table.
But I think we will be able to see both of them score. In three of their previous clashes, there were goals at both ends of the field. Since they are both giving away goals for fun, I think we can expect a similar scoreline this Sunday too. So I am backing the match to draw with both teams getting goals.
Gwangju vs Gangwon Betting Tips
Match to Draw @ 3.50 (5/2).
Both teams to score @ 1.62 (5/8).