Vitoria Guimaraes vs Tondela
Portugal – Primeira Liga
Date: Sunday, 1 March 2020
Kick-Off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Estádio D. Afonso Henriques.
The hosts had some tough matches in recent weeks. Losses against FC Porto and Rio Ave were not a surprise.
But the real highlights were two away wins in that period. Last league action saw them win in their trip to Aves at the bottom of the table.
Tondela is without a win in 3 league matches now and Guimaraes maybe a little too good for them. They have two away wins in the last 5 travels; one against bottom side Portimonense and the other Famalicao.
Vitoria Guimaraes vs Tondela: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Guimaraes has 3 wins and 2 defeats in the last 5 matches against this opposition.
- The reverse fixture was won by Guimaraes 1-3 in September 2019.
- Fewer than 2.5 goals were scored in 3 of those 5 matches.
- The last head to head at this ground was a win for the hosts.
- Less than 2.5 goals were recorded in 4 of their last 5 meetings here.
Vitoria Guimaraes vs Tondela: Prediction
The reverse fixture was won by Guimaraes with complete domination. But they are without a win at home in 3 matches.
We can argue they had some tough opponents but still they have to be careful against Tondela who is unpredictable.
Even though the hosts lost recent games they never failed to score in them. The defenses they shattered include that of FC Porto and Rio Ave.
Since the hosts are scoring above one goal per match on average we can be sure of both teams scoring this Sunday.
In 13 of the 22 games of Tondela played the final score was less than 2.5 goals. In the same number of games that the hosts were part of a similar score was seen.
So I am backing this league game to have fewer than 2.5 goals in total.
Vitoria Guimaraes vs Tondela: Betting Tips
- Both teams to score: No @ 1.73 (8/11).
- Under 2.5 goals @ 2.06 (12/11).